Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I bought the 30D Canon camera. Please make sure the camera shooting in any way and that way, how many files or folders?

Question from tri: I bought a 30D canon camera. Tell me how and what way to check how many files or folders the camera have shot?

The seller told me that 30D canon camera is brand new 100%. Going back home I took 40 or 50 shots and put the CF to card reader to transfer images to PC. When I connected to PC and opened and what I saw was DCIM folder, then I opened that folder I saw “876CANON” folder and when opened “876 CANON” folder I saw the images. I wonder if the “876CANON” folder is the continuous numbered folder that the camera has been counting? Why it is not 100CANON folder as others camera but it is 876CANON folder? Is it true that the camera has shot to the folder of 876? I read in the manual instruction book: the camera initially starts from folder 100 to folder 999 and each folder has 0001 to 9999 files. So, I bought a second hand camera? Please tell me how to check the camera to see how many folders and files it has shot. In this case I think I was cheated to buy a non brandnew camera, it’s a second hand camera. Please tell me how to check it to know how much shots it has taken. Many thanks from me.


It will be a look into I bought a 30D canon camera. Tell me how and what way to check how many files or folders the camera have shot? that you’ll should try to fix concerns without some help. Preferably this’ll help in several ways; and build yourself greater. Who wish a look into I bought a 30D canon camera. Tell me how and what way to check how many files or folders the camera have shot? may perhaps be a fix in the near future.

Most practical answer:


Answer by Pooky

I have Canon 5D, and I think it is similar to yours, the way it records files. Looking at the manual (downloaded from www.canoneos.com), on page 70, it says the file number, up to 9999 images, are saved in one folder, that is automatically numbered from 100 to 999.


I wonder what your setting (under MENU, under FILE NUMBERLING) is. Is it “continuous”, or “auto reset”, or “manual reset”.


My camera always save its files (I shoot RAW) in “100eos5d” folder (under “dcim” folder).


I am very sorry I cannot be more helpful. I couldn’t figure out how to see (via its menu) to see how many shots it has taken. Does anyone know? I am not sure why your folder is called xxxCanon either.


Be sure much better?

Leave your trusty answer to the comments!
Hi all, just got my new camera and even though I am still learning how to use it, so far I am really happy with it. I am planning on doing some tutorials on …


I bought the 30D Canon camera. Please make sure the camera shooting in any way and that way, how many files or folders?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive