Saturday, March 30, 2013

Lens for my Canon EOS 5D mark II?

Uncertainty written by Bailey: What lenses should I get for my Canon EOS 5d mark ii?

I’m getting either a Canon EOS 5d mark ii or mark iii for my birthday and was wondering what lenses would best work with the quality of the camera. I travel a lot, so this camera is an investment for me. I shoot mostly landscape and architecture, along with people. I know that because this camera is such good quality, you really need a phenomenal lens to keep up with it.


This is now facts to consider about What lenses should I get for my Canon EOS 5d mark ii? may will need to solve issues on their very own. With luck , this’ll help in several ways, and then make your own life considerably better. Praying facts to consider about What lenses should I get for my Canon EOS 5d mark ii? are generally a method into the future.

Most practical answer:


Answer by selina_555

You make it sound like you’re very experienced, yet you don’t know what lenses you want?


For landscape and architecture, you need a wide lens. For the people shots you would probably want something a bit longer than the nifty fifty since you’re going full frame (although it would still do).


L lenses are Canon’s top of the line.


Check out the Canon website – the best place to study what’s available.


Answer by fhotoace

Any Canon EF lens. EF-S lenses cannot be used on your camera.


http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup


For landscapes, you will want the Canon EF 16-35 mm f/2.8 lens


When I travel, I carry a Nikkor 14-24 mm, Nikkor 24-70 mm and 105 mm macro lens.


Answer by Carolyn

I like to use the Lynny Lens. It’s a really cool selective focusing, creative effects lens. It’s a lot of fun, and works on Canon 5D Mark ii perfectly.


Answer by Andrew

If you can’t answer this question for yourself, you’d be better off with an entry-level model and 18-55mm.


Answer by B.E.I.

With a 5D, you can only use the EF series lenses. If you try to use an EF-S lens you will damage the cameras mirror. The Canon “L” series lenses are the top of the line.


With that said, remember…photography is NOT a cheap hobby or profession.


For architecture, you will want/need a Tilt/Shift lens. They start at $ 1,400 and go up http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?sts=ta&Ns=p_PRICE_2%7c0&ci=15492&N=4293919655+4291570227+38&srtclk=sort&Ntt=tilt+shift


For “landscape”, then you will normally want a wide or ultra wide lens, like a 14mm or 17-40mm


For “people” (assuming portraits), I use a 50mm f/1.4, an 85mm f/1.8, and a 70-200 f/2.8L.


In other words…you can EASILY invest $ 10,000+ in lenses for your camera. Then, add in another $ 300 for a decent tripod, $ 150 for a monopod, $ 100 for a nice padded case for the camera/lenses, and another $ 200 to cover extra batteries/memory cards/miscellaneous supplies


Answer by ooo

Consider the ”holy trinity” of zooms. The Canon 16-35f2.8L II, the Canon 24-70f2.8L II and the 70-200f2.8L IS II. If primes are your go then get the 35f1.4 L, the Canon 85f1.2L II and the Canon 135f2 L. One problem given you travel a lot will be weight. Some airlines are now weighing carry ons. 7kgs for domestic flights and 10kgs, in 2 separate bags, for International flights. Its a real pain.

P.S. Don’t let anyone tell you you need ultrawides to shoot landscapes, you don’t.


Acknowledge a lot better?

Leave your special answer inside a comments!


友人の結婚式用にアレンジしました。 A copy of score is available in PDF format. Please contact us. http://homepage3.nifty.com/poohsuke/


My Canon Powershot A720IS


Representation through process of My Canon Powershot A720IS


(HDR)


2.5" TFT

8.0 Megapixel

1/2,5" CCD-Sensor

5,8 – 34,8 mm (35 – 210 mm)

DIGIC III (iSAPS-Technologie)

VGA-Movies (30 fps) (640×480)

Bildstabilisator / Image stabilizer

6x optischer Zoom / 6x optical zoom

CHDK (Canon Hacker’s Development Kit)


Lens for my Canon EOS 5D mark II?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive